Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kevin Lee, M.D.



On Friday, May 15th, 2009, I was officially hooded... and on Saturday, May 16th, 2009, I officially received my M.D.

Words cannot begin to describe how overwhelmed I am with gratitude.

There are few people that can truly appreciate what it took to get here. It was not a path I "chose" for myself... and even after I heard the calling, it was hard for me to really believe it... because everything around me said that this was not something that was possible for me. My grades were horrific. I had little to no study ethic. My discipline was non-existent. My laziness was unparalleled. My addiction to sleep and goofing off were unrivaled.

Yet... this was what He called me to do... and whenever I doubted... He showed me time and time again that He is faithful... and that He knew what He was doing...

So I sit here tonight... unable to sleep... because i can't stop crying...
tears of thanks...
tears of humility...
tears of awe...
tears for the love of a Father who called me to something greater than I could ever imagine for myself...
tears for the love of a Father who moved heaven and earth to make this happen...
tears for the love of a Father that surrounded me with friends and family who were more supportive than I could ever deserve...

Special thanks to my Mom & Dad, Ryan, Su, Deborah, Cindy, Jennifer, Lenni, Eleanor, Elly, Sam, and my Eemo & Eemoboo for coming to watch me walk...
But an incredible thanks to all those who have been a part of my life these past 17 years since I first heard His call.

I don't care if I never stop crying... because I am happier today than anyone deserves to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsFWhvpsDDo

1 comment:

Kathie Pollard said...

Dr. Kevin Lee,
I am so proud of you! I knew the first night of orientation at INOVA Fairfax hospital that God had bigger and better plans for you, you were not to be a clinical
Tech on the Hem/Onc unit.... you were to help heal people! Congratulations to you.... and I really feel old with you saying you have been in Richmond for 7 years! You are an inspiration to so many. Maybe one of you poopy first patients will follow your life path! I think of you often,
Love, Kathie