Sunday, December 05, 2010

I'm Back to the Show

I haven’t updated my blog in almost a year and a half. I have thought about posting so many times, but it’s been difficult to do for a number of reasons.

1) Time – when you only have 24-48 hours of total off time a week there’s not a lot of wiggle room for chill time.

2) Dominoes – the longer you go without posting, the more you feel like you need to catch people up with and so the idea of an update seems more and more insurmountable.

3) The Law – 90% of my life now involves patient care. Federal laws prohibit discussing details of patients unless it is directly related to their care. So it gets really difficult to talk a lot about my days without revealing information that will get me fined or put in the pokey. It’s doable. It just requires a LOT of careful concentration and thought, which causes the most difficulty. See #2.

4) Whine & Cheese – Most of the time you usually feel like you need to unload emotions, it’s in the setting of significant emotional stress or significant emotional uplifting. So your posts become awful self-indulgent whine-fests or disgusting cheese-filled outpours that make you nauseous months later.

But recently, I had a bad week/few days of work and I went looking through my old blog and found a post that really made me smile, because it took me back to the end of my 3rd year of medical school and was filled with a sense of excitement at finding a sense of where the next few years of my life could potentially be. And I loved that I could see myself filled with that kind of excitement.

So I got convicted. And I’ve decided to get back to it. And I figure I’ll just have to put something up as often as I can.

Happy Birthday to Eleanor Kang and Deborah Choe! I love you both!

1 comment:

Justin Gross said...

welcome back!